Thursday, February 18, 2010

dislocation


i'll always miss it, but it'll never be the same
big yellow schoolbus,
summers that lasted forever,
pink cheeks and blizzards in the winter,
i left my partner in crime behind,
my neighbour, my bestfriend
we'd been inseperable, we grew up together
and then one day my home was never my home again,
i said goodbye, after 5 and a half years
i left everything i'd ever known,
to come back to this place that was originally my home

goodbye town, goodbye new york day trips, goodbye summer vacations to california and skiing in canada during winter, goodbye elementary school, goodbye country clubs and perfectly manicured lawns, goodbye friends that lived in mansions, who had nannies, and their mothers baked cookies while their fathers were CEO's of big companies, goodbye rep soccer, goodbye snowball wars with the kids from the street, goodbye my house, my room, my friends

no wonder,
i was admitted to hospital on the trip home, illness brought on by 'emotional distress'
Goodbye,
28 Pequot Trail, Westport, Connecticut, USA, i guess its not home anymore is it?

No comments: